The exercises to strengthen the knee may be indicated in the case of healthy people, who want to practice some physical activity, such as sprinting, but also serve to combat the pain caused by arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatism, for a better muscle building due to wear and tear of the cartilage.
The exercises should be prescribed by a physical educator or physical therapist in person after verifying the need that the person has, because they can be quite varied, and depend on if there is any injury or not, but here are some examples of exercises that can be useful for strengthening the quadriceps, which are the muscles of the thigh.
- Lie down belly up, bend your legs
- Raise the trunk floor, keeping the pelvis high. After that you should slowly descend.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times. Rest a few seconds and then perform a new series of 10 repetitions.
Extension of the leg, in the air
- Lying face up with hands to the side of the body
- Bend the two legs
- Raise one leg, keeping it stretched
- Repeat 12 times with each leg
Extension of the leg 3 supports
- In the position 4 support, with elbows and knees on the floor
- Bend one leg and lift this leg is folded, as shown in the image
- Repeat 10 times, taking care to keep the leg that is on the move, always straight.
- Remember to imagine that you are pushing the ceiling upwards, using the heel, because this facilitates the realization of motion at the correct angle.
- Must-do 2 sets of 10 repetitions with each leg.
The squat is a great exercise in kinetic chain closed to the strengthening of the knees.
- Foot should imagine that will sit in a chair, flexing the knees up to a 90-degree angle.
- When you do this exercise you should be mindful that the knees do not go beyond the toes of the foot, not to create injuries in the knees. P
- nasb (updated) to facilitate the movement can stretch the hands ahead of the body, as shown in the image.
- Are recommended 20 squats in a row.
Squeeze ball between knees
This isometric exercise consists of:
- Stay lying face up,
- Bend the knees keeping them flexed and slightly apart
- Place a ball of medium size between the knees
- The exercise only consists in squeezing the ball between your knees for 10 times in a row
- You should repeat this exercise for 10 times, totaling 100 grips, but with breaks every 10 reps